Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bathroom Makeover {Sneak Peak}

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am a little under the weather today, so no big project reveals, but I will share with you a sneak peak of our bathroom makeover.

It is not quite done yet, still have a few things to finish up... okay I lied... I have a LOT to finish up in there. Sigh. :)  I will share the entire room with you as soon as I get my butt in gear and finish get the room pulled together.

When I get to feeling better I will attempt to try to makeover a cutie piece of furniture I found at Goodwill for less than $5.00 that will go into this room, I will share that with you too!  The only thing holding me back is this weather, holy goose nuggets, it will not stop raining.  And hailing. And raining.  This Oregon beach weather is not conducive to my spray paint trigger finger, my friends! :)    

Here's a before shot of this corner of the room:



I know it's hard, but please try not to be jealous of my dungeon. Ha!  There is no window in this room, so no natural light + dark paint x dark accents / dark shower curtain, carry the 2, solve for y and I think that gives us one dark room. But I'm no math wizard. 

Obviously it's that infamous builder beige that is all throughout the house.  In some rooms I like it, but it is way too dark and green in this space for my liking.  The shower curtain is gorgeous, but not in this space.  Again, it was too dark.  The oil rubbed bronze rack was nice, but had one big problem:  No hidden storage.  It was pointless, really, it just housed random stuff and didn't hide anything.  The shelves were nearly impossible to put anything on, as they were not solid.  This is a big problem because I am a girly girly girl and I love make up and hair products and all sorts of stuff.  I needed better storage. 

Enter Target.  This may come as a shock to you but I live 2 hours away from the nearest Target (from the nearest anything, really).  I know, it's gut wrenching, right?  So on one of my trips to Portland (or as I call it, P-town) I was perusing the aisles of this, how do you say it, Tarjay, and found this beauty, the Fieldcrest Wall Cabinet.  It was a splurge for me, but I went with the moment.

And here she is:


The rectangular tray on the bottom open shelf is from Target.  The seagrass box is from Walmart.  

I found this gorgeous crystal at Goodwill for $2.99:


I added a new shower curtain I bought on Amazon and some shower curtain rings from Target:


The mirror is actually a tray that I found at Goodwill for $4.99.  The vase is also, you guessed it, from Goodwill and I think it was around $3 or 4.  I love the white cut out pattern.


The glass doors were see-through, which is not a good thing because I wanted to use this for storing not-so-pretty items.  I rummaged through my scrapbook paper and found one I liked.  By the way, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the office re-do because finding this piece of paper in my pile of craft stuff was ridiculous!

One 12x12 sheet works for both sides.  I just cut it out and used my Vellum scrapbook adhesive to attach it.  I love that I can switch this up any time I want to create different looks.




If you're anything like me, you want to see what is inside this cabinet, right?


Round box on the left was a gift and holds hair accessories, like pony tail holders.  The cute little bin on the right was a Target dollar section find and holds my frequently used nail polish.  Bottom shelf is used for skin care, hair care, fragrances.  This cabinet holds a TON of stuff, I am surprised, actually.  I also like that the shelf is adjustable so I can store my tall items, like lotion and hairspray bottles.



There you have it, a sneak peak at what is to come.  Stay tuned!  I also have a fun linky party coming up on March 5th, so excited to share it with you!

2 comments:

  1. looks really pretty so far! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great so far! I can't imagine living two hours away from Target, oh man! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I read each and every one of them. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2012 Emily B. | Mrs. B's Hive.
All rights reserved.