Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Big Boy Room Reveal!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012




I am so excited to share this with you!

I should begin by saying that this room isn't 100% done yet. There are still some things I (we) need to do, but I don't foresee them happening in quite a while (funny how that happens!).  I had to share what we have so far!

I will break this post down into several different posts.  This one, the reveal, will be mostly pictures.  There will be one separate post dedicated to all of the deets and sources as well as several "how I did this" posts (such as toy organization, etc.).

Okay, enough gibber jabber, let's get started!  How about some BEFORE pictures?!

We began with a sweet Honey Bee themed nursery, with soft greens and yellows.


Before shot of nursery, taken before baby was born.


Before shot of nursery, taken just before room re-do
(and after several HUGE toy bins had already been removed)

After:



This is a very small room.  When I was putting together my plan of action for Operation: Big Boy Room, I knew we needed more toy storage (is there ever enough toy storage?) and since the room was small, we needed to move it on up.  This is where my hubby comes in.  I am the dreamer, the planner, the designer and he is the builder, the painter... the... eye roller. ;)  I gave him my poorly drawn, completely out of scale sketches and he took that and ran with it...


View as you enter the room.

































Growth Chart :)






















Lamp that used to sit in the nursery.
























Our to-do list includes (but is not limited to!):
  • Cabinet doors on top and bottom of both built-ins. (Two center shelves will be visible).
  • Closet overhaul... bwahaha, bye-bye bi-fold doors!  (Stay tuned, I have big plans!)
  • White shade in center of window.
Lots more to come with all of the details, how-to, sources and links to those who inspired this room.

Thanks so much for looking!  






Linking up over at:

Thrifty Decor Chick

Between Naps on the Porch


Weekend Bloggy Reading

15 comments:

  1. This is just darling. What a lucky big boy! The dark walls are fantastic. Congrats on such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Creative. Awesome. Wow, just love that my subway art print and freebies are part of your son's big boy room.

    Monika
    iloveitall.etsy.com
    iloveitallwithmonikawright.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Big Boy room! I love all the storage and the details. What a great mom and dad :o) Looks like the perfect place for your growing boy to sleep and play in.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I'm stopping by from Susan's Metamorphosis Monday. I'd love if you get a chance to stop by and take a peek at our daughter's work in progress for their nursery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! So adorable and very nicely put together! A ton of nice touches including the 4 prints on the wall! He's one lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious! So great. Such a cute and fun playful palette and what a great solution to a small space and need for storage. Thanks so much for popping over to my blog and introducing yourself :). New follower alert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome room! I saw you FEATURED at Serenity Now! I just love love love Liam's new room, especially the colors and the little blocks with his name on them. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really cute room, I love it! The colors and the built in storage, how great is that! All the sweet little touches like the printable framed artwork and growth chart are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so very, very much! I have emailed and visited you all, thanks for stoppig by and leaving some comment love, you have made my day, week and month!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I <3 it!!! I love the creativity that you used to elevate the bed to allow more floor space for him to play! That was genius! I so want to know where you got those adorable airplanes that you have in there plus the 4 prints you have framed !!!

    I bet he just LOVES it!

    Pamela
    PBJstories.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a transformation! You did such an amazing job!! What a fun room to grow up in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there...I absolutely love the yellow Dream Big sign. Would love to know where you sourced it?
    Thanks,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina! I got it on Etsy at a shop called I Love it All

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/80397655/11x14-dream-big-be-kind-love-god-subway?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=iloveitall&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade

    The woman who owns the shop is AMAZING and has many wonderful items for sale. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Sorry it took me so long to reply. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the room. Where did the 4 pictures of the trucks come from and the America print? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love the room. I bet he enjoys it. Could you share where you got the vintage planes? I think they are on the shelves. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I read each and every one of them. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2012 Emily B. | Mrs. B's Hive.
All rights reserved.