Saturday, February 18, 2012

DIY - Recipe Box turned Bathroom Storage (Before and After)

Saturday, February 18, 2012
Today I found this cutie recipe box at Joann's for $2.50:



I loved the geometric pattern on the box's lid.  The rest of the design is stinkin' cute but it wasn't the look I was going for, so I decided to keep the design around the rim of the box top but change up the rest of the design.

Lucky me, in one of the bins right next to me was the m/bellishments Cover Wraps pack.  This pack was $2.50 and comes with self-adhesive paper (used to cover photo albums).  There is a ton of paper in this pack.  2 very large sheets, 2 medium sheets and 2 small sheets.  Great buy at only $2.50!  Plus, if you use one of Joann's coupons, you're in business!

The only tool I needed for this was an X-Acto knife.



I simply laid the paper face down and peeled the backing off, then laid the recipe box on top of the sticky surface.  It is pretty tacky, but there is some forgiveness.




I took my knife and cut around the edges.  One to two passes worked like a charm.  




Now here's where it gets a little embarrassing.  I needed a small box for storing some feminine products.  I wanted to be able to keep some out in the bathroom when needed but also be able to remove them when they were not needed or if guests came over.

This box stores at least 12 thin pads.  It is tall enough to hold a few tampons when they're slanted or laying down.



Now, I have a nice cute little storage box that is discreet and easily portable.  I can keep it out when I need it and put it out of sight in the cabinet under the sink when I don't.  

I can't quite get a good picture of the true color.  I live on the rainy Oregon Coast... it was overcast all day and nearly impossible to get a good shot.  




The paper color is called "Gold Silk".  There were other color options such as a gorgeous aqua, bright white and aqua/white stripes.  I may have to go back and get more of this stuff!




0 comments:

Please leave a comment...

I love reading your comments! I read each and every one of them. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2012 Emily B. | Mrs. B's Hive.
All rights reserved.