Friday, March 16, 2012

MIA! What I've been up to...

Friday, March 16, 2012
Oh my word, you guys.  I am so sorry to leave you all hangin'!  I was super sick, I actually think I had "the plague", seriously!  I am feeling so much better now but I was out for the count for a while.  Then, I was of town for a few days visiting family and watching my pretend boyfriend, Blake Shelton, perform at a concert at the Rose Quarter. Oh heck yeah! 

Things have been so crazy around here this week too... we had a freak snow storm here on the Oregon Coast.  I heard on the news it hadn't snowed this much since 1951.  Crazy!  But so fun.  We only had about 3 inches of snow at our house, but other areas were hit harder.  All schools were closed and I was stuck in my driveway.  I can hear you snow bunnies groaning now, lol.

While I was out of town I was able to make my first trip to IKEA! (I know, how sad is that?!  But it is 2 hours away from where I live. Boo.)  Oh.my.gosh.  I have to be honest here, I have a love-hate relationship with Ikea now.  I love the stuff they have and their prices of course, but I went alone and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing when I walked in and I may have become very crabby and overwhelmed. Especially when I got to the register and the friendly (and by friendly I mean wickedly cranky) lady told me I only had box #2, and I needed to go get box #1... which "would be a whole lot bigger than box #2".  Sigh. When I hiked back to Aisle 22/Bin 41 it was then I noticed the fluorescent yellow signs stating "HEY STUPID! YEAH, YOU! THERE ARE TWO BOXES! ONE. TWO.  2 BOXES. HEHEHE YOU DIDN'T SEE ME! PEEK-A-BOO! LOL! TWO BOXES!".  I also may have almost cried when I couldn't get my humungo trolly cart to fit through the line to get a cinnamon roll. Wah. BUT, Five hours after I entered through the doors of the Ikea I had this baby loaded up in my car:

Ikea HEMNES Shoe Cabinet ($139)

She is a beaut.  This will be in my entry way soon.  Of course, for now, it is in a box in my car.  But soon I will get the entry way makeover I have been dreaming about!

I have some small project posts coming up, like a spray painted bathroom table and an Easter wreath.  I just need to get some good pictures. 

The Office re-do is slooooooooooow going, nothing exciting to report yet. 

I'll be back very soon with some good stuff, promise! (crossies don't count.)  What have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. I love this she cabinet! I am going to confess....I've never been to IKEA.... I know, it's unheard of practically. I live on the Oregon Coast too and I end up going with GW finds or my awesome Dad helps me.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I read each and every one of them. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2012 Emily B. | Mrs. B's Hive.
All rights reserved.