Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY Easter Bunny Wreath

Wednesday, April 4, 2012


Hello!  Today I want to share with you this Easter Wreath I made.  I came up with the idea while perusing the aisles at my local Joann store.  I wanted to make a wreath that looked like a bunny, but wasn't over-the-top cutesy.  I know everything in the world you could ever imagine has been done before, so I highly doubt I am the first person to ever do this, but I have not seen one like it.   It was SO easy and can be pretty inexpensive!

Here's what I used:


  • Styrofoam circle.  (I used a 40% off coupon)
  • Bunny ears headband.  I got mine at Joanns (40% off coupon, boo-yeah.) but they can be found at the Dollar Store.
  • Two 6 foot boas, for a total of 12 feet and it *just* fit around the circle perfectly.  You could also use fuzzy yarn, but I wanted mine to be extra fluffy, like a rabbit.
  • Pastel ribbon I already had
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors (to cut tags off of items)



I know my pictures are awesome.  And by awesome I mean completely horrible.  I did this project at night and snapped pics as I went along.  Sorry!



First, I hot glued the headband to the circle.  I left it completely intact, the headband was flexible enough to fit perfectly.



Next, I decided how long I wanted my ribbon, and made a loop out of it.  I smothered the end of the ribbon in oodles of hot glue, on the back of the circle directly in the middle (between the ears).



Then, I hot glued the end of one of the feather boas to the foam circle.  I started at the top, between the ears, on the back and just wrapped it around and around.  I added a little dot of glue every couple of inches or so.  When it reached the end, I used glue to secure the end to the circle.  I then repeated this step with the other boa, starting at the top and wrapping the other direction.



Here is the finished product:



This post was featured over at: Too Stinkin' Cute! Thank you so much to Mary at Too Stinkin' Cute for featuring my Easter Bunny Wreath on her blog and mentioning it on Facebook!  Hop on over to her blog to see oodles and oodles of incredible things! 

Linking this post up to these linky parties:

TDC Before and After


Weekend Bloggy Reading

9 comments:

  1. What size Styrofoam wreath did you use? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it!!!!! Did you use a 10" wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the boa's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I foud them at Joanns.

      Delete
  4. Adorable! I love it, great job!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a wreath for Easter. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what size was the styrofoam?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just acquired some lace intended for a A for this very reason! Although we're still a few months away from having weather warm enough to make such a creation... I'm planning to dye mine too. I want something brighter!
    OMG your blog is so interesting,You are on fire, girl! You know I love the leather cuff; it's got your signature flowers all over it!
    you can find more beatiful in
    Cheap Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this great craft idea. I have made one myself and it's hanging on our front door and looking fab.
    I have blogged about it today and have included a link back to you.
    Happy weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I read each and every one of them. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2012 Emily B. | Mrs. B's Hive.
All rights reserved.